Don't miss 31 July deadline
If you’re claiming tax credits, We are reminding everyone to renew by the 31 July deadline. If you miss the cut-off date, your tax credit payments will stop and you may have to pay back the tax credits you’ve been given since 6 April 2017.
- You must have your renewal pack to renew tax credits. If you didn’t receive your pack in the post by 26 June 2017, call the tax credits helpline (0345 300 3900)
- You must renew your tax credits by 31 July
- Tax credits can be renewed online, over the telephone or by sending the paper form included in the renewal pack
- If you miss the deadline your tax credits payments will stop
- You’ll be sent a statement and will have to pay back the tax credits you’ve been given since 6 April 2017
Whether you are renewing online or over the phone, make sure you have key documents relating to income, for example, pay slips or business accounts as well as any childcare costs incurred. If you don’t have the accurate figures for your income, you can use estimated ones, but you must return these by 31 July 2017, and provide the actual figures by 31 January 2018.
For further advice contact:
0207 993 5016